Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of School









The boys started school a week ago (on Rilynn's birthday). Paxton was soooo excited, but Evan kept playing it cool saying he didn't want to go. The night before school started he came in our room at like 3:30 crying because he hadn't gotten to sleep yet...poor kid.

We had a kindergarten orientation the day before school and Paxton's teacher rubbed me a little wrong-just didn't seem as friendly or bubbly as I thought a kindergarten teacher should be. But so far he likes her. The second day he came home and said, "I want to go back to preschool." He finally (after much probing) told me it was because he missed his preschool friends (that we can handle). But other than that it is going great. He is in half day now, but will start full day kindergarten on the 8th. I was really sad about this school being full day kindergarten at first, but the idea is growing on me...Paxton really does enjoy school, and there won't be as much fighting, more errands can get done with only TWO kids-I haven't felt that free in a long time! But I will miss my little buddy. :(

Evan's teacher seems very nice-kinda like a sweet little grandma. He has really liked her, and seems happy at his new school. School here starts early-8:00! We had been spoiled in Boise with 9:00. I'm on the lazy side and prefer not to get out of bed before 7:30-that doesn't really work anymore, so wish us luck on that one.

2 comments:

sharon said...

I am so thankful for blogging
because even though I talk to you all frequently I always learn something new on your blog entries the boys look so handsome--Paxton said he was the best looking in his class and I am sure that he is right!! Evan you look so GROWN UP!! Miss you all!! Rilynn than you for calleding and telling me about your guiter!! I really enjoyed talking with Evan and Paxton about school! You rock!@

Ty n Casey's Mom said...

I agree, Bree. Kindergarten teachers should be fun and bubbly. I kinda felt the same way about Tyler's teacher. She's very young and just doesn't seem "in to it." But he likes her and loves second grade, so I guess it's OK. Your boys looked soooo handsome for their first day!