Friday, December 18, 2009

Santa is Rich


Jeff and I went Christmas shopping and when we got home Jeff unloaded "Santa's loot" while I went and got the boys from our friends house. It was pretty late when we got home, and we knew the kids were just going to go to bed, so Jeff just threw the presents on the bed (we had just gotten them one present each from Costco-so they weren't in any bags). Paxton went in our room and comes out and says, "I'm sorry, I just saw the presents"....O.H. S.N.A.P! We aren't giving them presents from us this year, so we couldn't use that to play it off...we were totally busted. I told Jeff to tell him Santa brought them early or something...ANYTHING, so Jeff takes Paxton downstairs and this is their conversation.
Jeff, "Paxton, I have to tell you a secret, but you can't tell anyone. We saw Santa tonight."
Paxton, "Santa? Where were you?"
Jeff, "We were at Costco and he asked us to do him a favor, to save him a trip. You can't tell anybody, but Santa doesn't always make all of the toys, he buys some of them."
Paxton, "I know, he's rich! Did everybody talk to Santa?"
Jeff, "Some people did, not everybody."
Paxton, "Did he talk to the bad people?"
Jeff, "No, he doesn't talk to bad people. So..., which present did you want?"
Paxton, "What were they again?"
That kid cracks me up! He also just had his school music program. Apparently they talked about enunciation because Paxton enunciated the heck out of those songs! His mouth was moving so big it looked like he was trying to bite into a triple cheeseburger. I couldn't stop laughing. I tried to get it on video, but the head of the chick in front of Paxton kept getting in the way and for some reason I can't get the little amount of video that I recorded to download.

4 comments:

sharon said...

Okay that boy is so cute!! Why did Rilynn say you couldn't go to Paris? You should have posted a pic of Rilynn ready for the ward party! Miss you all!! Give everyone a hug!!

Erin said...

I want to be a little fly that lives in your house. Your kids say the most entertaining things! Love it! Makes me so excited for Kenley to talk more!

Carley said...

I'm so impressed that Jeff could keep a straight face during that conversation. I would have been laughing so hard! That Paxton is such a cutie!

Van Komen's said...

Yes for sure lets meet up! That would be so fun! Paxton is so so cute! I love it!! Where are you guys exactly? Maybe we can meet up somewhere in between that would be fun for the kids!