Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HIP HIP HOORAY!


It is finally done! It has taken two years, a few different plans, many headaches, and a lot of help from family, but the upstairs is finally finished! The boys officially moved up to their new room last Saturday!!! There are still a few odds and ends left to do-hang up the fan, paint the closet door (that will have to wait for spring), and get all of their BSU gear hung up and then it will be the proper Bronco room. They are so excited...Evan says he is sleeping better up there. :) Paxton said,"it's awesome."


Jeff has always said he wanted to buy an old house and fix it up...we've learned after this project that we are not so much up the "fix it up" type. We aren't so great at it and I can't stand the continuous project part...I want it to be done and not always "in the process." So, now Jeff is saying we'll just have Zach Evan's (a builder whose houses we both love) build for us and it won't need any fixing up. Sounds good to me!
This is the cute plaque my mom got my boys last Christmas and we just got it hung up. We knew I was pregnant, that is when we decided to move the boys upstairs, so we were waiting to hang it up in their new room. Isn't it cute?

2 comments:

Ty n Casey's Mom said...

Bree, that room is darling! How exciting! Where did Sharon get that plaque? I want one for the boys' room. It's so cute how Evan says he's sleeping "better" in his new room. I love that kid!!

The Barney's said...

I agree with Paxton "It is Awesome!!". You must just feel relieved it's done.

After all the finishing of our basement and fixing up the rest of our house in Spokane, we definitely had enough and when we buy next, we just want it finished.

However long it took, the room looks great!!