Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Last Friday our family had our little end of the world shaken, but everything was put into perspective on Sunday. There are some amazing people in our ward who just tragically lost their daughter. We went to the viewing Sunday and as our hearts broke for this family we realized that we have so much to be thankful for-even during our trials.
First-I am so thankful for faith, the gospel, prayer, and eternal families.
Second- I am so thankful for my 4 children that are all healthy (minus Cooper's current ear infection), happy, and who are currently racing to see who's fastest (poor Rilynn doesn't stand much of a chance).
Third-I am thankful for a husband who is constantly positive and keeps me smiling and laughing even though we are in a crappy spot right now
Fourth-I am thankful for family and friends who are so quick to jump in and offer help, prayer, fasting, any and everything even just phone calls of concern and comfort.
Fifth-I am thankful that I have realized that all of the things I am THE MOST thankful for are not things.
There are a ton of other things that I am thankful for, but since Rilynn is currently holding the phone, and possibly calling Japan, I better call if quits w/the top 5-this is why I usually don't blog while my children are awake.
p.s. I am also thankful for bedtime

5 comments:

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

I'm sorry you guys are going through a tough time right now. I always like to think that Heavenly Father gives us trials so we can put things in perspective and prioritize our lives. You seem to have a great attitude! Please let me know if there is anything I can do. :)

Carley said...

Please, please let us know what we can do! If you need laundry soap or diapers, don't hesitate to call. We would be more than happy to pitch in anything we can.

sharon said...

This is what blogging is about--shring your inner self and testimony--you never know who you touch and some how it helps you--thanks for sharing what you feel and what you fell strong about--you and Jeff are such strong good people and you will get through this with the Lord's help and with your love and support of each other--let those who love you help you!! I love ALL 6 of you!! Thanks for your words! Mom

pinon family said...

hoping you remember me from middle school but I saw your blog on jared borgs and was so excited to see what you are up to. We have a blog but it's private so email me, marissapinon@hotmail.com and I will send you an invite.

Marissa Adkins Pinon

BYU Chica 22 said...

hey brianne this is ashley anderson. i have been reading your blog through my dad and karen's and it is so cute. I hope you guys are doing well. Do any of you have a facebook? love you