Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm OLD

The thought of thirty hadn't really bothered me until about a month ago I heard someone else's age of 34, and I thought to myself, "Oh, he's quite a bit older!" Only to realize a moment later, that's not much older than me, and soon I'll say I'm 30 and other people will think...oh, she's older! :( Since then I've been a little sad, but now it's come and gone and I'm ok w/ being 30 (aka older).
My birthday presents started in August when Jeff called me (I was in Boise and him in CA) and said, "I just need the final word...we are going on a cruise for your birthday, and I need to know if you want a cabin room or an ocean view." What?! Pretty sweet right?! BUT, I am a tight wad and don't like to remove money from our savings, so I was actually really mad, but I got over the madness and now I'm really excited. We leave for Mexico in 2 weeks!
The night before my birthday I went to enrichment and when I got home the house was spotless (what a great present for a mom!) and the kids picked out and hid my favorite candies (Dove and licorice) and made brownies that said happy birthday. My new friends took me out for surprise breakfast on my birthday. There were 9 of us and I had YUMMY lemon yogurt pancakes. Some of my friends went together a got me a really nice new swim suit for my cruise (yeah I don't have to swim naked)! My sister in law took me to Costa Vida for lunch, and at Young Women's my friend made me a birthday cake w/30 candles. Plus Jeff wrote me a letter- sooo not his style, but oh sooo sweet!
Here is a pic of the new bedding set my mom got me for my bday, is that not super cute!? Rilynn saw it and said, "Ohhhh, that's so nice!"
So all in all...I don't feel old, I might sound old (to those in their 20's and younger), but it was a great day, and I'm happy just where I am!
P.S. Cooper is finally walking! He started really trying about two weeks ago and is such a cute little toddler!

3 comments:

sharon said...

Well, I will soon be twice as old so I think you are really YOUNG!! IT is all relative to the age of your youngest child--Lemon yogurt pancakes sound great!! I know you love Costa Vida so all in all a good day!!! Your bedspread looks great!! Take care and enjoy your time with the girls!! Thank Lorrie again for taking my stuff to you!! Love ya all OLD and young!!

Liz said...

Glad you had a great birthday! totally wish I was on my way to come visit this weekend. :( At least your party's not over yet!!!!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Sounds like an awesome b-day! Yea!! how fun you guys get to go on a cruise. I'm sure it will be a much needed break/vacation for you both! :)