Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mexican Cruise

Our cruise started a little scary because of hurricane Rick. They were possibly going to re-route us to L.A. and Catalina Islands instead of Cabo San Lucas....blah! Luckily the storm got weaker quicker than expected and went away from Cabo....Thank Goodness!!!
Our first stop was Ensanada. We went to "La Buffadora" (the buffalo snort). It shot water up in the air about 120 feet. Jeff got drenched!
When we go to Cabo we rented jet skis and played. It was so fun, but the salt water burned my eyes so bad I couldn't drive very long...luckily Jeff and I shared a jet ski. The water was the perfect temperature, and oh so pretty.

There were so many things to do on the ship it was crazy! Jeff and Jay got silver medals (they say they are "platinum," which is of course better than gold) in their 3 on 3 basketball tournament and in 3 on 3 volley ball. We also played in a 3 on 3 soccer (I was the only girl). We learned to NEVER heckle a comedian (thankfully not from our experience, but ask me about it).



We played a lot of games. Lisa and I won most of them :) and we ATE AND ATE AND ATE AND ATE some more! I'm sure I gained 20 pounds!

They had these amazing pool tables that balanced themselves out. You could actually see them move, so when the ship is moving, your balls don't roll anywhere.


We rock climbed which was fun. People cheer all around you when you get to the top and ring the bell.

It was soooo much fun! I am glad we came, glad our friends came, and so glad my sister in law was sweet enough to watch our kids! I miss my kids and I am excited to see them! (I'm in the airport waiting right now.)



5 comments:

Carley said...

Sounds like a blast! What a great birthday present! Wish we could've come. Next time for sure!!

sharon said...

It sounds so fun!! i cannot wait to see the rest of your picutres and hwar more!!! How did the kids do?

Liz said...

those are some awesome pool tables! what cruise line did you guys go on? lane wants to go on a cruise every year for our anniversary, like we could afford it! glad you had lots of fun and the weather didn't stop you (like it kind of did us!)

pinon family said...

completely jealous! Looks like lots of fun!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

How fun!! Looks like a great vacation, and I'm sure much needed!