Thursday, March 19, 2009

California here we come

Well, Jeff was offered a job in California and they flew us down to Sacramento Sat-Tue to check it out. It's pretty official, we are moving !!! Jeff will probably go in May and the rest of us in June, after school is out. It was really pretty there, and not at all what I expected (I was picturing L.A., San Diego, etc.) It was so mountainous, green, and a lot of open land! We aren't sure which town we will live in for sure, but we are kind of hoping for Auburn-that is where he will be working. Auburn reminds me a lot of Idaho City meets Park City-Beautiful! We are feeling pretty good about it all. Everything seems to be falling into place and I am so grateful. Our good friends, the Barney's, are going to be able to take care of our house for a while which makes me feel a TON better about the whole thing.
Cooper was the only one that went with us and he did pretty good on the airplane-as long as we kept shoving food in his face. Here he is at the airport
and on his first airplane ride-notice the licorice all over his face

He was so sick of his car seat by the end of the trip (he's not a big car seat fan anyway), so we'll see how next week goes on the Oregon Coast...wish us luck!

9 comments:

Carley said...

We are so excited/sad for you guys. Excited because what a relief but sad that you have to leave us. Why does everything always have to change?!!

Cool Waters said...

Wow! Exciting! I have to say it makes me feel better because then we're not the only ones in Boise! But now you'll be further away! What's the job with?

The Barney's said...

Oh I am so sad but happy for you guys too. I am glad you will be in the beautiful part of Cali. It will be nice for us to be in a bigger place but still not sure it's worth loosing you guys in the ward, neighborhood, soccer, carpool, etc. Have a great trip!!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Oh my gosh, wow!! Congrats! That's really exciting, but I'm sure really hard too. It's tough being away from family, but also really nice. So are you planning on selling your house in Boise then? Crazy!!! What a blessing to have found a job though, at this time.

BYU Chica 22 said...

that is exciting you are moving to california but sad you won't be in boise...even though i rarely come up. but hey i have a favor to ask you. i entered a photo contest to win tickets to david archuleta here in slc and i need people to vote for my photo. on
1079themix.com you click on front row tix for david archuleta and then view pictures. mine is number 17 and i am in the picture. if you could vote for me i would really appreciate it! thanks! and congrats again!

Shellee said...

I am excited for you. WHat is jeff doing? I am not sure his job isn't it international stuff.My husband Chris grew up in fresno which isn't too far from sacramento. It should be a fun change. Are you excited? You have been in Boise your whole life. Moving always has something to teach us.

Ty n Casey's Mom said...

Congratulations on getting the job. I'm excited for you guys but sad at the same time. Tyler is extremely heart-broken and cries everytime we talk about you guys moving. Boise will not be the same without you there. Who will we take to McDonald's playplace??

pinon family said...

Congrats you guys! What will he be doing?

Jared I Borg said...

congrats but we are way bummed. You guys were going to be our instant friends when we move back in august... what gives? sounds like a great place to move too. You will enjoy getting away for awhile. Congrats!