Monday, April 6, 2009

Cooper hasn't stopped aging

Maybe this title needs some explanation... my sister in law Jenae and I were talking and she said something about Cooper being 7 months so I corrected her and said he was 9 months. She mentioned my last blog update on him was when he was 7 months so that's how old she thought he was, SOOOO here is month 8 and 9 and yes I know I am a slacker. His growing has slowed down a lot. He only weighs 20 and 1/2 lbs (only a 1/2 pound more than he did at 6 months. He is mostly in 18 month clothes. He sleeps really good at night-from about 8 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. HALLELUJAH!!, and takes 2 good naps a day.

He loves to clap and believes he is unbelievably tricky by doing so. What's really funny is sometimes he'll miss the hand to hand connection and whack himself in the face. :(

He still doesn't crawl, but was apparently inspired by his cousin Ainge-who is crawling. Ever since we saw them he is constantly getting up on all 4's and doing the rocking and lunging thing.

He still has no teeth, but this doesn't slow him down. He loves to eat and he doesn't believe 2 packages of baby food are enough and will tell you so. If you are eating around him he continually says, "Mmmmm Mmmmmm" and wiggles his whole body until you give him something.

He went on his first airplane ride (to California) and saw the ocean for the first time (Oregon Coast).

He really enjoys a cute little round of pat-a-cake and on the not so cute side, he has found a magnetic draw towards his "manhood" every time I change his diaper.

He has actually gotten a lot more happy and content since he has been able to sit up really good; therefor, making life a little easier equalling a much happier mom.

He still gives the best hugs of any baby I've ever held and melts my heart every time I look at him.

4 comments:

Rick & Marianne said...

Brianne,
Your family is so cute. I love all of your kids funny comments. It looks like you had such a wonderful spring break vacation. It was sure fun to see you this past summer!

jenae waters said...

I love that Cooper! I cant believe that he is really that old. NUTS! I thought it was funny about your background. I almost posted the exact one but I saw you had it. We have good taste. :)

Van Komen's said...

Hey brianne!
Its good to hear from you! I heard you were moving to California! You'll like Auburn a lot, its beautiful there! I am from Elk Grove- a city just south of Sacramento, so about 45 minutes from Auburn. If you have any questions about the areas around here, just let me know and I'd love to help! I'm so excited to see your cute blog and your sweet family! Tell Evan we say hi!:) I love all of your pictures- you have a very good lookin family!

Ty n Casey's Mom said...

Bree -- I LOVE all the cute comments you posted. That's all I hear now too is, "oh, my tenders." which also evolved to, "oh, my coconuts." Love your kids -- they're so cute and laugh-out-loud funny!