Monday, January 12, 2009

Let's get physical!

Jeff has been playing indoor soccer for a little over 2 years and now he has gotten the rest of the family on board (w/an exception of the 2 year old and 6month old). We just finished our first session of indoor soccer. This session Jeff started on 3 teams-a men's, a co-ed, and another co-ed team Jeff put together about a year ago with people from our ward (called Nodacult). Jeff does really good. His all men's team moved up a league because they got 1st place.

The super star is Paxton. Indoor soccer is his specialty. Holy cow! In his last game he scored 10 goals!!! He probably averaged 4-5 goals per game for the season. I think indoor was much better for a 4 year old than outdoor, because there is no out of bounds-Pax quickly lost focus outside this fall. Don't play dirty against him though...he's got an aggressive sports side and he WILL retaliate (and he's not very discrete, he sees the "punk" who did it and sets his sights). Jeff gave him a speech on how its good not to let kids push him around on the soccer field, and started coaching him on how to get back and get away with it. Okay, probably not a totally appropriate conversation with a 4 year old, but when you have a competitive dad... :) lol
My camera didn't take very good pictures in the soccer place for some reason, so I don't have a picture of Evan or me.
Evan enjoyed the season too, but was pretty crushed after his last game because he didn't get a goal during this session. He did really improve through-out the season though. He played goalie a few times and did good, but was really hard on himself when he would get scored on.
I loved playing, but stunk pretty bad. I always thought I was a coordinated person-then I tried to play soccer. Well, to say the least-apparently I am on the UN-coordinated side. The new session just started and I am feeling Evan's same desire to score. Cross your fingers (I need ALL the help I can get). The best part is playing with Jeff, it is fun to be out there with him-and he scores every game so he kinda balances me out for never scoring right?!

1 comment:

sharon said...

I have picutres on my card of Paxton anad the real thing of Evan if you can scan it in!! Evan was an excellant goalie!! He is too hard on himself!! Paxton is quite self-assured and looks so cute out there! I saw Brianne once and really she wasn't bad and especially for a first timer!! Don't let her kid you! Jeff is good.