Thursday, January 29, 2009

R-E-S-P-E-C-T



So, now I'm bragging about another kid...sorry, I just have great kids! ;) Evan was the "star student" this month (the student of the month). His school picks kids according to different "character" traits for student of the month. The last 2 years he has gotten it for honesty-which he totally is, there really isn't a sneaky bone his body (let's hope that lasts into his teenage years). This year he got the award for respect. Here is an example of his respect/a confession of my horrible mothering skills...I wrote the wrong day on the calendar for his breakfast/award ceremony, so we totally missed it. When talking to my mom on the phone about it, I said, "I guess what really mattered to him was getting his donut and shirt and his teacher got them for him." To this Evan says, "No, what really matters is I love you." Okay do kids get any sweeter than that? Love that kid!

That pose in the second picture???...100% his idea :) Still not sure what it is all about.

1 comment:

sharon said...

Okay, so I can brag about MY grandkids! They are the greatest and sweetest-but I can also, brag about my daughter and son-in-law--these kids get their teachings in the home--I do think that children come with their own personalities but home environment is a lot--Bree and Jeff have very loving and sweet children--they are sensitive and care about everyone with in their sphere! They are all people to brag about!!! CUTE picutre of EVan!!!